JMT, an industry-leading machine tools manufacturer, is set to release a new line of band saws in the coming months. This will add to their already formidable line up of high quality fabrication equipment.
Leading the charge are the new series of automatic DCBA and HBA series band saws. This group of band saws include many improvements to the previous design, among them: more torsional rigid upper saw frames and a much improved heavy duty roller bearing hinge pin, which replace previous designs, providing positive vibration dampening connection to the saw machine base.
The new combination hydraulic flow control valve features an infinite controllability of both saw-frame feed rate and cutting pressure, allowing for a wide variation of material processing capability. As with the new DCBA machines every JMT band saw has a gear-driven, direct drive “beltless” blade-drive system. This design delivers approximately 95% of available horsepower and torque to the drive wheel. Because of all of these “cutting edge” features, elimination of blade stalling is now a reality. The light beam rapid saw frame utilizes an optical sensor to rapidly position the saw blade to just above the material, before going into the feed rate, reducing the cut to cut production time, resulting in more cut parts at the end of the day.
When it comes to safety, an automatic, movable guide arm ensures the guide will never be in conflict with the material or the movable vise, eliminating potential machine damage and improving operator safety. And because safety is JMT’s number one priority, every band saw sold in the United States is “CE” certified. Specific safety features include:
- Door interlocks on all blade wheel covers which will automatically shut down the main blade motor if a door is opened during operation.
- Complete band saw blade guarding via adjustable blade covers.
- With the movable guide arm the entire saw blade not in the cutting window will be reduced because the movable guide arm telescopes in and out with the positioning of the lower vise.
- Band saw blade breakage control will shut down the main saw blade drive if the saw blade breaks, or is stalled in the material while cutting.
- Hydraulic work piece pressure system requires a specific minimum pressure before the blade will start, eliminating work piece “pullout” due to insufficient vise pressure.
The new DCBA and HBA series of horizontal band saws have a very wide range of cutting capability. From the HBA 280 eleven inch capacity (280 m.m.), to the massive DCBA 1100 43 inch capacity (1300 m.m.) All the DCBA’s and HBA’s have a high powered separate pump coolant system as standard equipment. JMT-USA has you covered no matter how big or how small you’re cutting job is!
Options abound for the new JMT-USA band sawing machines with available options to include; hydraulic blade tensioning, NC programmable feed length, hydraulic vises where the standard vise is manual, motorized conveyers, overhead or bundle clamps for multiple bar cutting, chip conveyers, inbound and outbound material conveyers, and laser marking systems. With the availability of the capabilities of our sister division, Jorgenson material handling division, any conceivable turnkey production design conceivable is achievable from one company, JMT-USA your answer to making little pieces out of big pieces.
JMT-USA, "SERVICE STRONG."