When operating and performing maintenance on your JMT fiber laser, it is important to remember certain Do’s and Don’ts to keep yourself safe and your machine operating properly and efficiently. Below you will find some tips on how to best use and maintain your metal cutting fiber laser. Although this list is not all inclusive, these are some basic tips to ensure optimal production and minimal down time for your machine.
- Before beginning maintenance or operation of the machine, be sure to read and understand all manufacturer instructions to ensure optimal operation and reduce the risk of making an error that could cause harm to the machine.
- Make sure that the machine is not currently in operation when you begin any type of maintenance on a fiber laser and check all power sources and be sure that you have taken every necessary precaution in powering down the machine before beginning maintenance.
- Always use safety glasses as well as all other recommended safety gear and mechanisms. This is an essential part of performing maintenance or using any machine in production at all times.
- Make sure the chiller is running at all times prior to the laser being turned on.
- Do not cut with the doors open.
- Do not mishandle or drop any components of the fiber laser.
- Do not bend the fiber optic cable or coil it too tightly.
- Do not remove the fiber optic cable from the laser head.
- When handling optics use appropriate tools and cleaning processes. Do not touch lenses with bare hands.
- Only one operator at a time should center the nozzle to avoid injury. No one should be at the control panel while an operator is physically handling the nozzle.
- Make sure all objects and people are clear of the table and laser cabinet during material handling (while the table is in operation).
Performing the required maintenance of your machine is essential to keep your fiber laser running well and producing all parts to specification. Although the JMT fiber laser requires very little maintenance, it is still important to adhere to the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule in order to avoid any problems. If you have any questions about your JMT fiber laser, the required maintenance, or how to properly operate your machine, the fiber laser specialists at JMT are happy to help. Info@JMTUSA.com | 855-773-7727